Following a recipe found on allrecipes.com, I gave these zucchini brownies a shot.
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups shredded zucchini
Method (in photos):
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Mix the flour mixture with the sugar mixture. I used a whisk for this too and it worked really well as the mix was really dry.
4. Add the shredded zuchinni and mix to combine. It was hard to mix, so I ended up using my hands.
5. Spread mixture into prepared 13x9 pan. It was really sticky so I used a rubber spatula to spread it out to the edges.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350°F. My brownies took 25 minutes. They are done when they spring back when touched.
Frost the brownies if desired. I only had enough cocoa powder for a thin layer of icing, but it ended up being the perfect amount.
These brownies were so good! I had one at room temperature and it was just okay, but once I had one out of the fridge...I ended up having three out of the fridge. They are really tasty cold! If I didn't know they were made with zucchini, I wouldn't be able to tell, which I think is kinda neat. I will definitely be making these again.